Sunday, November 10, 2013

Long time between posts - sketch # 23 Scrap Africa

Well a big hello there to everyone.
I'm finally back in blog land...lol, and back from my o/s trip for 2 weeks now.

We had the most amazing time and thoroughly enjoyed every little bit of Ireland...both Republic & Northern Ireland.  And hopefully one day I will get around to sharing some photos here on my blog (it may be a while though & I'm not promising anything....as I haven't had time as yet to sort through the 6.5 thousand photos photos that I took :-/ ).  I've been a little tied up since getting home doing some family history...buriel/cemetery research to be exact, and it's still ongoing at the moment.

BUT, I have scrapped!!!
I'ts been a while (probably 7 weeks or more) since I last scrapped, and I must say, that I did feel a little green!  So I've kept this one fairly simple...also because I'm time poor atm as well.

So anyways....here it is, for Scrap Africa sketch No. 23...

 
 
 
 
And here is this months sketch...I just love the background strips on this one :)
 
 
 
 
And a few close ups....

A mixture of Manor House, Green Tara & TSS mulberry paper flowers, as well as some diecut leaves & A Greatest View flair button
 


Another small cluster
 
 
 

Some added lace for a bit of texture
 
 
 
 
 And my journaling about the McKee clock in my dad's home town.
 
 
Soooo that's it from me for now....I do plan, & hope, to visit everyone's blog over the coming week - fingers crossed I don't get too distracted with this family history research.
 
Until next time...take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend!  xx

14 comments:

Rene Sharp said...

Your take on the sketch is absolutely gorgeous Linda. So nice to have the opportunity to visit your blog, I hope to see you again soon. Smiles, Rene' :) (SCRAP AFRICA DT)

Fiona said...

Gorgeous Linda, lovely to see you getting straight into the holiday scrapping! Loved your photos on FB, so glad you had a wonderful time!
Fiona
x

Lizzyc said...

Oh I am sure the wonderful memories of your holidays are floating around in your head! This is a great take on the sketch.. love the flower cluster!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I loved following you on Facebook while you wereon your trip. I adore your page. How awesome those ruler strips look. So glad you are playing along with Scrap African.

Val-Belle said...

Hi Linda... it is great to have you back and I had such a good time looking at the photos you posted on FB...6.5 that is an impressive amount of photos :D This will be a wonderful way to record some of your travels too... It does get a little overwhelming sometimes when you have so many photos to pick from :D I think for someone who feels a little green you jumped right in like a pro. This is beautiful. The tape stips are perfect in colour for your pics. How wonderful to be able to trace history too. Makes it all worthwhile. Looking forward to seeing many layouts of your travels. Welcome home :D
Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa. Love your take on the sketch :D

Denise van Deventer said...

So great that you had an awesome time in Ireland...you photo's on FB were amazing! Europe in general is just such a magical place with so much history and so many fabulous places to visit! So awesome that you chose to do our challenge too....and you certainly rocked this sketch! Love it! Thanks so much Linda, for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

Sharon Fritchman said...

Gorgeous photos! What a wonderful trip you had!!!!! I love how you used the sketch to scrap this amazing time. Your layout is fabulous!

Lizzy Hill said...

YOu're back & scrapping...can't ask for more than that! I KNOW you had a fab time..hope you're over the jet lag & life is getting on an even keel....looove this CAS, almost, but totally gorgeous, as ever....time off did no harm to your scrappy fabulous-ness:):)

Eila Sandberg said...

Yay! welcome back home! thanks for sharing the piccies on FB, made me feel like I was going with you exploring here and there! Your LO is every bit as fab as all of your work is, time is of no consequence. Talent is talent!! xoxoxoxo

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Glad your back scrapping again! Great you had a fantastic holiday! I love this layout! You could never lose a talent such as yours! :D

Ella Swan said...

Great job! Am so happy you are back!! Love your layouts and really missed them!!!

Patricia said...

Such a wonderful take on the sketch! Loving all the tape strips!!! Thank you for jumping right into scrapping with a Scrap Africa sketch!!!

Kerryn said...

This is so beautiful! Love everything about it! Thanks for playing at Scrap Africa :).

Lauren T said...

Even your 'simple' pages look amazing! No wonder I always pop by here your blog when I need inspiration. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails