Friday, August 2, 2013

Sketch # 96 - Sketchabilities

Hi there peeps....happy Friday to you all :)

I haven't played along with a Sketchabilities sketch in such a long time, so this afternoon when I felt like getting creative, I thought I'd best change that & have a play along with the current sketch!

So here is what I came up with...sticking true to the sketch, except I moved my title over to the other side of the bottom cluster where it seemed to fit better....

Using Kaisercraft 75cents papers & die cuts...along with some Prima, MH & Kaiser flowers, Joy Crafts die-cut leaves, with a bit of textured bubble wrap stamping on the background
 
 
 
And here is Karan's gorgeous sketch
 
 
and now for a couple of close ups...
 
 
My main cluster
 
 
 
My title....which way?
(why, the dangerous way....of course!!)
 
 
 
Another small cluster of flowers, leaves & a stamped camera on canvas.
 
 
 
My journaling....about our daredevil dash through these rocks that were up against a 10 storey cliff....it was a wee bit scarey, but we didn't want to have to turn around & walk back the couple of km's we had come along this beach.  After we did it, we both just looked at each other and said..."OMG - we are crazy!!!"  lol - oh and we made sure the return hike was back on the track as was meant to be!!!
 
 
 
Here you can see the texture in the bubble wrap stamping a bit better...also with some stamping using Kaisercraft checkerplate stamp.
 
 
Enjoy your weekend everyone....and thanks so much for dropping by!
 
And also a HUGE thanks to all the regular gals to always visit & leave me such wonderful comments....you all know who you are!  mwwwahhhh  xxx
 

16 comments:

Victoria Freze said...

wonderful layout, Linda! and what a great journey you had!

Val-Belle said...

Oh wow that was brave... not sure I would have been able to do it. AND you still managed to get photos :D A dedicated scrapbooker. I love craft as a background and I love the white on it. A gorgeous layout Linda and I love the journaling. Glad it all worked out in the end.

Lizzy Hill said...

BRAVE, says Val, who DROVE in Europe....both of you are way too dare devilish for me! Anyways, lovely LO....big banners are floating my boat atm & yours are GORGEOUS here:):):) Love how you used the end to journal on, too!!!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! What an adventure, you really are daredevils. The page is gorgeous Linda. Love the photos and the stamping on the background, it looks fantastic!! I love that paper range too, it's gorgeous!! All the elements are just fantastic!! ox

Lynette Jacobs said...

My hubby and I usually also choose the more dangerous route....I love this. The colour and texture is awesome. I might just steal your title ;-)

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Awesome pics and layout! Love this Kaisercraft collection. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at sketchabilities.

Paula said...

Love, love, love it!!!

Leah said...

Wow your page is just stunning Linda. So happy to see your layout at Sketchabilities, thanks for joining in.

Ulrika aka LillBlomman said...

How fun that you found inspiration over at Sketchabilties! I love your page! Beutiful textures and colors! Hugs from Ulrika aka LillBlomman!

Denise van Deventer said...

Loooove this page....super in everyway! Gorgeous colouring and details...fabulous!

Camila Borssoi said...

Hi Linda, love your layout! I like the colors you used, it matches with picture. This background is great too. Thank you for playing along with us at Sketchabilities.

~Etoile~ said...

wow your creation is gorgeous!! Love every details on it! Thanks for playing along with us at sketchabilities.

sannalippert said...

it´s always a joy looking at your laoyuts - love your work! this is no exception :). beautiful!

zenevak said...

Love how you work the papers so well with your photos! Fabulous work as always!

Ella Swan said...

Goodness this is exquisite and full of fantastic touches! The colours and textures are great and journalling on the pennant ribbon-cut looks so cool!! Great job!!! Yup you are crazy :)))))

Sandra said...

Simply Stunning!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails