Saturday, February 16, 2013

Scrap Friends - Yummy Scrap #10

Hello there everyone,

A few months ago I was one of the top features for Scrap Friends Yummy scrap, so I was invited to be guest designer for one of their upcoming Yummy Scraps.....and I chose February - Yummy Scrap #10


This is the layout I created ....

I've used a real mix of papers from my stash on this one...with a few pieces of 2crafty chipboard - Floral Spray &  Butterfly Frames
 
 
This is the colour combination for this months challenge.
 
 I struggled a little with this colour combo....
I think it was the darker blue that really threw me off...lol
But I really do like the end result...isn't it strange when that happens!!
 
anyways.... now for some close ups....
 

 A mix of different flowers & the 2crafty Butterfly Frame
 
 

And this is the 2crafty Floral Spray that has been loaded up with Impasto medium mixed with a brown paint then heat dried with my u-beaut heat gun that has managed to give it a bit more texture in the form of heat bubbles!  I've also added a few pearls onto the flowers. 
 
 

I'm not sure if you can see it real well, but the layer between the punched brown border & the blue die-cut shape is actually a piece of canvas that I bought from a local cheapo store....it came in pad form & I've stamped over it and frayed & inked the edges.  I Love the way it came out & I think I'll be using lots more of this little gem of a find...and it was only a few $. 
 
 

Textured background using Crafter Workshop hexagon template.
Photos are ones I took last month for the January FMS photo a day
{this is the first time I've scrapped with photos I've taken for the FMS challenge} 

 
Would you like to join in on this months challenge?
Then get creating & pop over to the ScrapFriends blog to upload your layout :)
I hope to see your creations over there ....
xxx

12 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Wow - beautiful! Love those photos and so loving the texture here. Can totally see that cool canvas - score...Love it when we can pad out our expensive scrappy stash with some local bits.

Sandra said...

Linda I agree the canvas looks great with the inking and fraying, fabulous find.

Victoria Freze said...

love your bear collection too :) I like the result you have with this rather challenging palette, I hope I can join it (and much more challenges... lol) this canvas looks great and add cosiness to layout.
enjoy your weekend, Linda!

Lizzy Hill said...

Weird how we all struggled with this colour combo...& equally weird how great it looks....this is [of course!] Beary Sweet:):):) LOVE that chippy treatment & also your layers are super scrummy....glad you were GD for SF:):):)

Lynette Jacobs said...

A thing of beauty. I love all the work that went into your background...and you nailed the colour challenge too.

scrap by Dri said...

nice page, the harmony of colors and the distribution of elements left main chic

Keren Tamir said...

Yeah I struggled too and so did everyone. One color was always off. I could have done it without the blue. Or with the blue but without the yellow

Jasmine S said...

Its beautiful Linda. You did so well with the colours. Love the title.

Di Garling said...

Sooooo beary BEAUTIFUL my friend. Love this. Cheers Di xo

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh this is soooo cute! Linda I really adore this page! And what a lovely subject to scrap! Awesome!!!!! :D

Ella Swan said...

Gorgeous layout full of wonderful textures & colours! Love your treatment of the chippies!! Lovely photo too!!! Hope your week looks up for you :)

Kim said...

very cool lovin that cluster!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails