Saturday, February 23, 2013

Guest Designing for CSI - Case File #60

Hello again everyone!
I'm back again so soon....but this time I have some scrapping to share :)

2crafty is the major sponsor for CSI for February, so the 2crafty DT have been guest designing.
Case file #60 has just gone live & is open for investigation.  You can find all the details on the CSI site HERE

Here is the layout I've created....


Using 4 different 2crafty chipboard pieces - Everyday Font alphas,  Barbed Wire,  Heidi's VinesFlying Birds,  and 2 Doves from the Dove pack.
 
My photo is from our trip down to the Great Ocean Road earlier this year...but this one was as we were heading home, at a little place called Timboon that had this amazing old railway bridge.
 
 
Here is the amazing scheme for this case file
(Just love the colours of this one!)
 
 
 
For the evidence, I've have done the following....
 
Big flower – large white flower in my cluster
Hearts – Heart in the centre of the Flair button
Birds – 2crafty chipboard birds
Circles – buttons
 
Decorative border – punched border on the left
 
Add icing – Impasto medium mixed with “chocolate” paint on my background using ledger mask.
 
Small brads/beads – 5 brads at the bottom area of the photo
 
Solid white background – well, it was…until I misted & masked it…lol
 
 
And for the testimony....
 
I have journaled in the form of a recipe – and my recipe reads like this…
Ingredients – 1 x Curdies River,  1 x year built = 1892,  1 x 183 metre length,  3 x years of hard labour,  Umpteen x lengths of good aussie hardwood,  A gazillion x bolts & nails.
Method – Widely use as train services until 1931 for passengers, 1977 for freight, and then fully close line in 1987.  Come 2009, restore bridge & re-open as part of the Vic rail-trail network. 
 
Once completed – Heritage list & enjoy!
 
 
And now for a few close ups...
 
 My main cluster using a big flower, along with the 2crafty Heidi's Vines
 
 


 Barbed Wire piece & brads from the evidence...with the "method" part of my recipe journaling.
 
 
 
 
My title using 2crafty chipboard alphas - Everyday Font
 
 
 
The ingredients part of my recipe journaling...
along with my added chocolate "icing" on the background 
 
 
 

2crafty chipboard birds - Flying Birds & Doves
 
Again, I had a lot of fun working with CSI this month....a huge thank you to Debbi for having me & the rest of the 2crafty DT as Guest Detectives.
 
I hope you have enjoyed my take on cracking this case :)
Until next time....xx

13 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

oh gosh Linda this is fantastic!! I absolutely adore this!! one of my faves of yours!!

MarĂ­lia Lopes said...

Gorgeous layout Linda!

Paula said...

Ohhh my!!! This caught my eye on my blogger news feed...simply gorgeous! Brilliantly done, as always :)

Sandra said...

This looks awesome Linda, I really like the barbed wire and the birds, the more I look the more I see, great job.

Lizzy Hill said...

i remember this photo - looks brill like this. Love the barbed wire & the birds are so sweet & I really, really like those red mists on the bg:):):)

Fiona said...

Stunning Linda! The background is fab and love the barbed wire, goes perectly.
Fiona
x

Jasmine S said...

It's been lovely seeing your pages at CSI. This page is fabulous. The background work, that great pic and the journaling is perfect.

Kim said...

that motled background looks amazing!

Victoria Freze said...

Linda, your LO is gorgeous! as always:) wish you good luck with the CSI and congrats on being featured at Keeping the Best blog!

Ella Swan said...

Your eye for detail truly amazes me. DIdn't miss a thing on this lovely layout & the colours are great too. What an interesting subject to document too. Your scrapbooks must be a mine of useful information!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous page Linda. Love this one so much :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning work my friend. I love your background...it is a piece of art all on its own.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Linda! Love the topic and the beautiful details and design and your fab journaling! So happy you guested for us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails