Thursday, May 6, 2010

New York, New York....



Is this weeks destination for the Scrapboutique Postcards of the world comp!
The other criteria for this week was to use a song title or lyrics as either a title or in your journaling....here is our postcard!



I drew inspiration from the obvious colours, red, white & blue....plus the yellow of the taxi cabs.
I also incorporated the stars & stripes of the star spangled banner into my LO



I chose Midnight Oil's song "Power & the Passion" for my title - & a pic of DS racing motocross - he loves the power & it's one of his biggest passions :)   This weeks destination was sooooo different to the past 2 weeks, which inspired more girly type LO's - I loved doing this weeks destination!

I wonder where we are off to next week?!?! 
I can't wait to find out!


Here are a few other LO's that I've done since my last blog post.....



This one is for the May Stylists challenge over at Scrapboutique.
To use a calendar of some sort plus 2 office supplies on your layout.
My office supplies were the 2 clips, plus pieces of a chopped up manilla folder.


And this one was just something I did at the weekly crop I go to in town.
Again using the handmade flowers of Alisa Burke's tutorial that I posted about in a previous post.

Thanks for dropping by....and please don't be too shy about leaving a comment - I would love to hear from you! :)

4 comments:

Ceci said...

Love your scrapping style Linda..very pleasing to the eye! :)

KarenB said...

Hi Linda,

Loving all of these... you totally nailed the postcard criteria and your Power&Passion LO *rocks*

Love your work xx

Unknown said...

TOTALLY STUNNING Linda!!! Love the power and passion one!! Your handmade flowers are just devine :-)
Hope you had a lovely mothers day and got spoilt heaps!!

xo

Monique said...

Wowser Linda - I love your USA postcard layout - it is rockin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails